As you can see my love for cherries has no boundaries. A mere 2 days after posting these scones I’m throwing a few Bings into a margarita. I am simply providing you guys with some options. If knock your socks off scones aren’t your thing than maybe you’d like to sip on a fabulous cocktail. Either way I’ve got your Bing cherries covered!
(And maybe, just maybe, I really love to consume photograph beautiful drinks…)
I know I’ve said this before but I think it’s worth repeating – the sweetness of a cocktail is completely preference based. If you prefer sweet you may want to amp up the sugar in the syrup by 1/4cup or so. My taste leans on the tart side, typically halving the amount of sugar compared to fruit used. You can’t go wrong either way. Where you can go wrong is by using pre-made syrup. A person can never be too sure what is in that stuff so I avoid at all costs (plus it is so darn easy to make your own).
- Cherry Syrup
- 2cups fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 2cups water
- 1cup sugar
- 5oz cherry syrup
- 4oz fresh lime juice
- 3oz silver tequila
- 2oz orange liquor (triple sec)
- salt for rimming (optional)
- fresh cherries and lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- To make the syrup combine cherries, water and sugar in a small pot and stir until sugar is dissolved. Mash cherries with a potato masher and bring to a boil. Take off heat, strain and cool before using.
- Prepare two glasses by rimming with lime and salt (optional) and filling with ice.
- Combine syrup, lime juice, tequila and orange liquor in a small pitcher and stir. Divide evenly between prepared glasses. Garnish with cherries and limes. Enjoy!