Last year we featured a Moscow Mule Gift Kit that we knew would be a hit. And it was, even more than we anticipated! This time around not only are we posting another fabulous cocktail kit (with free printables of course) but we are giving away one of the most important components to it — the JAM! And not just any jam…Messmakerbaker jam. (Yes, we are obsessed with Vicki and her scrumptious jam.)
Before we get into all the giveaway details let’s talk cocktail! One that is unusual, a little sweet and slightly creamy. A drink that bourbon enthusiasts will appreciate, and will make non-bourbon drinkers asking for more. Ladies and gentlemen we present to you the Winter Bourbon Smash.
- bottle of good bourbon
- triple sec (whole bottle or in pretty container as pictured)
- good quality, preferably raspberry, jam
- 1 orange
- pretty container and filler (such as tissue or gift shred)
- twine or ribbon
- recipe and labels (click here for printable)
- club soda, shaker, jigger, mason jar – all optional
Tie labels on ingredients with twine or ribbon, fill container with tissue or shred and arrange items in a pleasing way. Top with recipe and just like that you have a gift that will make someone very, very happy.
Sticky is a big, big bourbon fan. Me not so much. It’s a bit strong and just not something I have ever wanted to sip on — that is until now. There is something about the sweet jam and citrus dancing around in the warm whiskey, it tastes…cozy. Like grab a good book and cuddle up in a great big leather chair cozy. It is still bourbon though, so no chugging. That is of course if you have nothing to do the rest of the day.
Now about that jam. Vicki is graciously giving one lucky winner a jar of her Raspberry Vanilla Preserves! A deliciously fruity flavor with hints of warm vanilla that pairs perfectly with bourbon (or toast, or ice cream, or oatmeal, or straight out of the jar). Here is all you need to know on how to enter:
- Leave a comment sharing your favorite winter drink (alcohol or non).
- “Like” Messmakerbaker on Facebook and PPJ on Facebook.
- Share this giveaway on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with #ppjjamgiveaway
Giveaway is open to US winners only, you have until Friday, 11/28/14 at 11:59PM EST to enter. Winner will be contacted via email and will have 72 hours to respond or another winner will be selected. Good luck!
(Vicki also has a wonderful instagram account with gorgeous images of food. Follow her, she’s fabulous.)
- 2 Tbsp raspberry jam
- 2 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 Tbsp triple sec
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- Orange segments (optional)
- A splash of club soda (optional)
- Add ½ cup ice, the preserves, bourbon, triple sec & orange juice to a shaker.
- Shake, shake, shake for 15 seconds
- Pour into glass (mason jar works like a charm) with a few ice cubes and top with club soda (if that’s your thing). Garnish with an orange segment or two.
recipe from Minimalist Baker