No, I do not make healthy desserts. If you ask me that part of the meal is reserved for indulgence, which is why I do not end every dinner with dessert. (Although trust me, I want to.) Now I realize a bowl full of melon does not come close to replacing a piece of chocolate cake…that is unless the bowl full of melon is marinated in booze and served in a margarita glass.
If you are thinking “ewe, I don’t like tequila”…no worries, you do not really taste it. What you do taste is ice cold refreshing melon brought alive by hints of lime, orange and oh so smooth liquor. What about the kids? No worries – simply divide the recipe in half and toss theirs with lime only. Just don’t forget to mark which is which on the containers.
- 1 cantaloupe - peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 honeydew - peeled, seeded and cubed
- ½ watermelon - peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2oz silver tequila
- 2oz orange liquor
- juice of 1 to 2 limes
- Throw all fruit in a bowl. Toss with booze and lime juice (use 2 limes if you like extra zestiness).
- Chill overnight and enjoy. (Just be sure to keep it away from the kidlets.)