Ask Sticky to make something on the stove and he looks at me like I am speaking a foreign language. Suggest we grill for dinner and the man instantly has the giant tongs in one hand and a beer in the other.
Seeing how Father’s Day is just around the corner I thought why not throw the guy a bone and do a meaty post. Something so easy that even he will be able to make it in the future (with very little assistance). Of course he was the taste tester as I do not each such a thing as chicken..and since you are seeing it here you can bet it got a double thumbs up from the carnivore of our home.
(Raw chicken…it’s so gross. Really you guys, I need to move on from the below image quickly before I hurl.)
(For anyone who personally knows Sticky you can attest that that is exactly what the man said.)
Despite the fact that I do not eat meat, I have to admit that they chicken smelled soooooo gooooooood when it was grilled. When I checked the center to ensure it was cooked through, I could tell that it was extra juicy as well. I’m pretty sure those 2 things are solid indicators of some delicious meat.
- ½cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼cup soy sauce
- ¼cup Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¾cup brown sugar
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- 2tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp red pepper flake
- 3.5 to 4lbs chicken - any type
- Place all ingredients in a large baking dish or ziplock bag, seal and marinate for at least 4 hours. (Overnight is best.)
- When chicken is ready, preheat grill on medium high heat and lightly oil the grates.
- Remove each piece of chicken from marinade, allowing the excess to drop off, and grill on each side for 5 to 6 minutes. Baste in between grilling each side with marinade, just be sure not to baste when finished grilling.
- Place grilled chicken under a loose foil tent for 5 minutes, test the center before serving to ensure juices run clear. (If they don't, throw in a 350º oven for 5 to 10 minutes.) Enjoy!