You guys, the hype is real. I have never in my wildest dreams dreamt a blender so fabulous. It’s amazing I have ate anything solid since receiving it as now all I want to do is obliviate things in my Vitamix.
[A big “way to go” out to my man for scoring me one. Apparently if I ask for something on the blog I get it. Hmmm….]
Now about this margarita. It’s basically as fabulous as the blender. Think summer, in a glass with a splash of tequila. It’s fresh, it’s bright, it’s everything you would want a margarita to be this time of year.
I am going to repeat myself yet once again on how amazingly easy fresh margaritas are to make at home. [In other words, don’t buy that pre-made stuff.] If you see a recipe like this and think “I like mine frozen though” simply take the ice that would normally fill the glass, and zap it with your other margarita ingredients. Now that I have a Vitamix I can do that too!
Cheers to summer margaritas and kick butt blenders!
- 1qt fresh strawberries, stems removed
- ¼cup simple syrup or 2tbsp honey (sweetness to taste)
- ½cup silver tequila
- ¼cup triple sec
- ½cup fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges
- Sea salt for rimming glasses (optional)
- Place the strawberries, simple syrup, tequila, triple sec and lime juice in blender and blend on high until well combined and not chunk of berries remain.
- Use a lime wedge to rim 2 glasses and then dip in sea salt. Fill glasses with ice and then pour in the margarita. Cheers!