six weeks

I can’t believe it’s been six weeks since Bingham was born.  I can’t believe I have 2 kids.  I can believe I am posting a full body picture of myself on the internet six weeks postpartum.

Oh the high and lows of the first six weeks (and many months after).  On one hand I feel great.  Even better than I did after having Jettie in fact.  On the other I feel impatient and slightly defeated.  Getting my body back in to shape is going to take time, I know this.  But gosh wouldn’t it be nice if we all looked like Jessica Alba in a bikini six weeks after giving birth (insert hand slap across the face for the celebrity comparison reference).

At first we thought we would take a few of just me.  We failed.  I do sort of love Jettie whizzing by as I am snootily looking the other way though.

six_weeks_postpartum_1Shortly after Bingham wanted in on the action.

six_weeks_postpartum_2And then we just gave up and ended up with a sequence of images that make my heart smile.  This is my life and I would not want it any other way.

six_weeks_postpartum_3 It’s been six weeks of comfy clothes. Flowy tops, flats and anything with stretch rule my wardrobe at the moment. It’s not exactly my favorite, but being that this is my second time around I know that slowly but surely my usual attire will creep it’s way back into my life. Staring at this handsome little face the last six weeks helps too.

Have a great week everyone!

This entry was posted in outfits, style and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to six weeks

1. Whitney Sealscott says:

You look great brandy! And the little ones are just the cutest! I agree, it’s so hard to adjust to the post baby body but I’m still trying to have patience and not focus on it too much, after all I have a beautiful baby!! Which to me is worth x amount of extra pounds!!

• prettyplainjanes says:

You are so right Whitney! Patience is key during this time (although it’s more than okay when the hormones get the best of us). Enjoy the precious little girl of yours. 🙂 xo, brandy j

2. Renee says:

You really do look great! You’re kids are super adorable and it sounds like you are loving every minute. Thank you for sharing!

3. Sarah Worden says:

Oh sweet mommy friend, I have those same thoughts! I’m completely ok one minute and then the next I’m frustrated with myself and my body. We will get there! You are amazing inside and out! I’m just trying to keep up with you ;).

• prettyplainjanes says:

Thanks Sarah! There is no doubt in my mind you look incredible! So glad to have mommies like you to share this in between postpartum phase of pregnancy with. 🙂 xo, brandy j

4. Erica Stover says:

Don’t be too hard on yourself 🙂 taking care of two little ones is exercise in its own way! 🙂 it has been ONLY 6 weeks! 🙂

5. Wendi Patrick says:

What I wouldn’t give to see all of this in person! Jettie is a doll baby and Bingham is precious! I just want to love on them both then talk about your travels, our favorite foodie tips, and gush about how awesome Savannah is! Come down south soon!
    Lots of love from Savannah!
    Wendi and the gang