baby maxey is a…

gender_2 Pink or blue, pink or blue…

gender_3 We’re thrilled to be expecting a baby boy!

Sometime’s its really difficult to share the hard stuff.  It’s hard to log on and not blow smoke your way, and tell you instead that our hearts are heavy tonight instead of bursting with the glee we were so sure tonight would entale.  While I have fought with myself all day over what to say about this I have decided that all I want to be is honest.  After all, writing is my outlet and if I can’t be honest than why am I writing at all?

Today we woke up with more excitement than I can even explain.  My stomach was bursting with butterflies as I sat down in the waiting room of my doctors office.  Our ultrasound seemed to be like any other- fuzzy images that you are told are a profile, legs, toes. It wasn’t until my doctor walked through the doors with worry all over her face that I realised that something was wrong.  Wait- whats happening?  Words began bouncing off walls and I could feel myself sinking lower and lower until my whole body felt numb.  There are concerns that our sweet boy may have a few abnormalties- abnormalties that quite honestly we have no answers for until we see a specialist.

You see, a funny thing happens when you have a baby unexpectedly.  Nearly 4 years ago I was told that because of my age and health, pregnancy should be smooth sailing.  I truly thought that at every appointment every woman heard, “baby looks great!”.  Age and health had me tricked into a false sense of security.  Fast forward a few years and a miscarriage later, and my perspective has certainly changed.  There are no promises for that tiny baby.

Right now, we are very short on answers.  What we do know is that there is a little boy kicking away in there, and have faith that things are going to be okay.  A fear I have never before felt has a death grip on me at the moment, but for right now I have to let go.  I have to place this in God’s hands and be still.  Thank goodness for friends and family, and kind words.  We are taking deep breaths and praying that this boy is healthy.

This entry was posted in personal and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to baby maxey is a…

1. Lori Maxey says:

I wish I could be there to hold you and just be there for you.

2. Cindy says:

Sending hugs and saying prayers Shan…

3. Shelley Adam says:

My thoughts are with your family and my prayers will be unceasing for God to walk you through this. In Christ’s Love, Shelley

4. Vic says:

God is with you! We will be keeping you, Josh and baby boy in our thoughts.

5. Jason Aten says:

I know there’s not much to be said to make you feel any better, but we can relate – having gone through almost the same experience with our 3rd:

6. Julie says:

Hugs and prayers Shannon! I will keep you, your family and baby boy in my prayers. I hope you are able to find comfort and peace as you wait for more answers.

7. Kim Fleming says:

Jeremiah 29:11
    I will see out many prayers for my prayer warriors!

8. Aunt Sandy says:

Oh Shannon, my heart is with you. I am praying that everything is indeed alright and your sweet baby boy is going to be fine. From my lips to God’s ears. Hugs to you all.

9. Nancy Harting says:

We are praying for Baby Maxey, you Shannon, Josh and Adelynn. God hears and answers prayers. We love you.

10. Ryel says:

Praying for you and your little one. I don’t know the words to say, but I do know that God has the ability. Praying for peace for you and wisdom for the doctors.

11. Mary Lou Knebel says:

Shannon keeping you in our prayers. Missy experience a miscarriage a year ago and than in Feb they found out they were expecting twins but the dr told them that from the way the sac looked she would lose one. Missy went back 3 weeks later for another ultrasound and the dr was shocked that both babies were doing good and they got to see a heartbeats. Stay as positive as you can and let God perform his miracle. Praying for your family.

12. Anna says:

Sorry guys:( Hugs and prayers for you all.

13. JIll says:

Will keep you and your family in my prayers for a healthy baby boy.

14. Patricia Triplett says:

Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers, that everything will be ok, and that your sweet little boy will be just fine!