The last few weeks have included 2 long road trips and gobs of eating out. While we had a fantastic little adventure I am ready to stay put for a bit and cook out of my kitchen. Last night I was in the mood for a new recipe. Something simple that would satisfy my “finally home” craving. This could not have fit the bill more perfectly. 5 ingredients combine to make a nutty pasta dish that fills you with that “oh so good” feeling. It was just what me and my kitchen needed.
- ½ lb dried linguini
- ½ cup of roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup parsley leaves (plus extra for garnish)
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan (plus extra for garnish)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup reserved cooking liquid from pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add salt and pasta and cook till al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and then drain, set aside.
- Roughly chop parsley leaves, grate parmesan and finely chop garlic. Set aside.
- Dry the pot you cooked the pasta in, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook the garlic till lightly golden. Add parsley and walnuts and stir to infuse the olive for a minute.
- Return the pasta to the pot over a low flame. Add the remainder of the olive oil and enough cooking liquid to help coat the pasta with the other ingredients as you combine (took about ⅓ cup for me). Add the parmesan and stir to create a creamy coating on the pasta.
- Season to taste and garnish with extra parsley and parmesan to serve.
recipe from Simple Provisions